Last modified: October 5, 2021
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, "COPPA") require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy, "parents") about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 ("children"). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child's parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child's personal information.
This policy notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents' consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this TheWMarketplace Website.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of the Website and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Website.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly. A child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child's first name, child's birth date, address, phone number, and a parent's email address. We also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We enable registered users to communicate with others on or through this Website through the Seller Exchange, email, live videos, links to social media platforms, and posting to public areas of the Site ("Social Features"). The nature of these features allows children to disclose personal information about themselves. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children's use of social features.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Website and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device's location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child's Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- Register them with the Site;
- Communicate with them about activities or features of the Website that may be of interest;
- Track their sales performance or other activities;
- Pay them for their products sold through the platform.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection and Tracking) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child's preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
We use geolocation information we collect to pay them for their products sold through the platform.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children's Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children's personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TheWMarketplace Inc., our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Website; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if TheWMarketplace Inc. is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TheWMarketplace Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Social Features. The Website offers social features, including email, posting on internal message boards, social media assets, links to social media platforms, and live videos that enable children to communicate with others on our through the Website. We do not control the types of information your child can send or post through them. We encourage parents to educate their children about safety online and to carefully monitor their children's use of social features to ensure they do not disclose their personal information through them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child's Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child's personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child's information.
You can review, change, or delete your child's personal information by:
- Logging into your child's account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
Below is a list of all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Website and contact information to direct your inquiries about any operator's privacy practices and use of children's information:
Shopify Inc. Synergy Technologies
ATTN: Chief Privacy Officer ATTN: James Higbe
151 O’Connor Street 8201 Peters Road
Ground floor, Suite 3400
Ottawa, ON K2P 2L8 Plantation, FLA. 33324